For Parents: Homeschooling
Magazines and Blogs
- Homeschool Mom - collection of state organizations and local groups for homeschooling in RI
- Virtual Middle School Library - Lots of links on this page, to sites that will help you with general education information, or with specific subject areas, like Math, Language Arts, Science, etc.
- TLS Books Free Worksheets - Need a little more help with school work or wishing to educationally occupy your kids then this site is full of free educational worksheets for PreK to Grade 5.
- Rhode Island Department of Education: Home Schooling - An FAQ to help homeschoolers and those interested in homeschooling find the resources they need to successfully educate their children.
- Rhode Island General Laws Relating to Homeschooling - Look over the original text and summaries of the sections of state law that directly relate to homeschooling.
- A2Z Home's Cool - A community website that helps you home educate your kids from preschool, kindergarten, up to and through high school with free online education, lesson ideas, educational websites, helpful articles, top programs, books, materials, curriculum... and best of all... Homeschool Friends!
- Classroom Direct - An education auspply catalog of over 13,000 items for many different age levels PO Box 830677 Birmingham, Alabama 35283-0677 phone: 800-599-3040 http://www.classroomdirect.com
- Homeschool.com - Homeschool.com supports each family's unique approach to preparing their children for success! Explore Homeschool.com and let us help you ... from getting started homeschooling to helping your young adult go out into the world.
- Homeschool Legal Defense Association - A nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms.
- Homeschool Math - A comprehensive math resource site for homeschooling parents, parents, and teachers that includes free math worksheets, lessons, online math games, lists, ebooks, a curriculum guide, reviews, and more. The resources emphasize understanding of concepts instead of mechanical memorization of rules.
- Homeschoolers Trading Zone - A forum allowing participants to buy and sell their used homeschooling books and supplies. Participants can post your own ads and ask and answer questions right in the forum.
- Northeastern Unschooling Conference - An annual gathering for unschooling families (and those interested in unschooling) to enjoy a community for learning and fun and to meet others for whom life is a joyful adventure. Hear amazing speakers, experience great entertainment, and enjoy all the wonderful unschooling kids, teens, and adults.
- Leaping from the Box - Homeschooling and unschooling resources and articles to assist home educators. Materials for independent learners are collected and shared on this site. These include tips for using textbooks (curriculum), community resources, and online information.
- Montessori Homeschooling - A nice FAQ that goes over how the Montessori Method can be used with a home educational environment.
- Successful Homeschooling - A site that pulls together resources and methods for homeschoolers to use.
- Office of Library and Information Services: Online Learning and Enrichment Resources
- ENRICHri - ENRICHri is a secular community which provides support and guidance in a welcoming environment for homeschooling families in Southern New England. There is a full calendar of classes, field trips, play dates, and support meetings along with yearly major events like Homeschool 101, WinterFest, Annual Picnic, and the monthly newsletter. PO Box 1151
Coventry, Rhode Island 02816
- Home Educators Network of RI - Networking homeschool families throughout the state of Rhode Island. PO Box 63
Mapleville, Rhode Island 02839
- New England Muslim Educators Network - A private email list for Muslim teachers and administrators in public and private schools, Islamic schools and Muslim homeschools, day care, preschools, weekend schools and after/summer schooling. Serving Connecticut, Maine, Massachussetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- RI Guild of Home Teachers (RIGHT) - The RI Guild of Home Teachers is a Christian-led support group for RI homeschoolers. They coordinate state and local events and activities as well as offer advice and support. PO Box 432
Coventry, Rhode Island 02816
Our Library Programs